A First Step to Mathematical Olympiad Problems
The International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) is an annual international mathematics competition held for pre-collegiate students.
The material contained in this book provides an introduction to the main mathematical topics covered in the IMO, which are: Combinatorics, Geometry and Number Theory. In addition, there is a special emphasis on how to approach unseen questions in Mathematics, and model the writing of proofs. Full answers are given to all questions.
- An introduction to the main mathematical topics covered in the IMO
- Easily comprehensible to students
- Full solutions provided to all mathematical problems
Contents: Jugs and Stamps: How to Solve Problems; Combinatorics I; Graph Theory; Number Theory 1; Geometry 1; Proof; Geometry 2; Some IMO Problems;
Though A First Step to Mathematical Olympiad Problems is written from the perspective of a mathematician, it is written in a way that makes it easily comprehensible to adolescents. This book is also a must-read for coaches and instructors of mathematical competitions.
Number of Pages: 296
Author(s): Jiagu Xu (Former Professor of Mathematics, Fudan University, China)
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds for cancellation of products or orders
- Any exchanges must be made at OpenSchoolbag office, subject to stock availability. Products must be returned in original good condition.
- See full terms here