Mastering Visual Literacy Interpreting and Understanding Visual Media
Designed as a complementary course of study for English Language students at either the lower or upper secondary level, Mastering Visual Literacy introduces students to the world of visual media and its many possibilities for the classroom. The activities have been carefully designed to provide challenging, yet engaging and varied learning experiences to stimulate thinking, develop confidence, and encourage collaboration with peers. They systematically leverage on students’ existing personal connections to visual media to foster greater understanding via reading and viewing comprehension questions, situational writing tasks, graphic organisers, critical discussions and the like.
About the Author:
Ken Mizusawa is a Lecturer in the English Language and Literature (ELL) Academic Group and a playwright represented by Playmarket, New Zealand. Previously, he was the Subject Head of English at Dunman High School where he designed and implemented the interdisciplinary Language Arts Programme.
Ken is the author of several textbooks including the two-volume series, Integrating Language and Literature (2016), and Mastering Visual Literacy (2018). He is also the editor of Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed … (2018), an anthology of three Singapore plays for lower secondary students designed in collaboration with the Curriculum Planning and Development Division (CPDD), Ministry of Education (MOE).
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions