New Problem-Solving Processes in Mathematics P2
New Problem-Solving Processes in Mathematics provides comprehensive practices in routine and challenging word problems.
Pupils are exposed to the various essential types of problem-solving heuristics identified in the routine practices as HPS (Heuristics Problem Solving) in each topic. The guided examples employ the 4-step problem solving approach to give pupils a framework or structure in tackling word problems.
- Understanding the Problem
A series of specific questions are posed to foster understanding of the word problem. These questions help pupils gather and process information.
- Devising a Plan
A method to solve the word problem is suggested. Some examples of methods used in this series include bar model drawing, listing, working backwards, restating the problem, solving part of the problem, substitution, making assumption or supposition, and guess-and-check.
- Carrying Out the Plan
Pupils will perform appropriate operations to obtain the answer.
- Looking Back
It is necessary for pupils to check their work. One suggested way is to work backward and see if they obtain the numbers given in the question. Local reasoning is also employed to check the reasonableness of their answers.
Challenging practice questions are indicated with *. Full worked solutions included.
|No. of Pages||242|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions