Comprehension Cloze Techniques Book 2
The Comprehension Cloze section is one of the most challenging sections in the PSLE paper. There are no helping words given and a student requires specific skills to be able to score for this section. Some students manage to get by easily, with the answers just ‘popping out’ magically. Many others struggle to find the right words to fill in the blanks. Contrary to popular belief that you cannot ‘study’ for this section, you actually can! Just like a detective who searches for clues to find the answers to crack a case, a student learns to hunt for clues and apply the right techniques to derive the correct answers in a passage. This book reveals useful techniques that you can learn and apply in search for those clues together with ample practice to work on.
To score for this section, you need to:
1 have good general knowledge of different types of issues and topics to answer the ‘Common Sense (CS)’ types of questions,
2 build on your general knowledge by reading widely on an extensive range of current issues and topics,
3 master a wide range of vocabulary words and have a good grasp of phrasal verbs,
4 have sufficient practices to hone your ‘detective’ skills in identifying the different types of techniques to be used,
5 be exposed to the different types of techniques to be used through more practices to help you sharpen your ability to put the correct answers in the blanks.
This book provides the most comprehensive exercises for this section by providing a varied range of passages to enable you to hone and master the answering techniques.
ISBN : 9789813216273
|No. of Pages||84|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions