English Strategies for Comprehension Cloze P6
A Comprehension Cloze in the PSLE tests the pupils’ ability to understand the vocabulary and grammar usage in the context of a passage. This book is designed primarily to prepare pupils in Primary Six to complete the Comprehension Cloze in the PSLE. It begins with a guide that recapitulates the grammar learnt in the classroom: nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. This is followed by examples of contextual clues and connectors that pupils can make use of when completing a cloze passage.
The next section highlights the function of Open Class Words. Each exercise has two components: Teaching Points and Practice Paper. Pupils are advised to answer the questions in the ‘Pre-Activity’ section which is a ‘warming-up’ activity before they begin to complete a cloze passage. Where general knowledge is lacking, it is vital for pupils to read up on the topic and acquire new vocabulary at the same time. In the last section, there are 20 Assessment Papers for pupils to test their ability to apply the skills learnt.
For individual self-study, an Answer Key is provided. Other possible answers are accepted. It is hoped that both teachers and pupils will find the book useful in reinforcing the linguistic skills taught in the classroom.
A continuing need is the development of vocabulary through reading, making field trips and being curious about words encountered in the newspaper and other media. Other vocabulary tools of reading to build word meanings are the study of: prefixes, suffixes, figure of speech and idioms. Pupils who are successful at Comprehension Cloze are those who are able to use their existing knowledge of both language and subject matter.
No of Pages: 96
Author: Grace Cheah
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions