English Strategies for Comprehension Cloze & Synthesis/Transformation P4
This book is designed to prepare pupils in Primary Four to do the following in their semestral assessments:
• complete a Comprehension Cloze;
• rewrite the sentence (s) in one sentence, using the word (s) provided for each set of the questions in Synthesis/Transformation.
The guide begins with a recapitulation of Open Word Classes learnt in the classroom: nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs. This is followed by examples of contextual clues and connectors that pupils can make use of when completing a cloze passage.
The next section highlights the function of Open Word Classes. Each exercise has two components: Teaching Points and Practice Paper. Pupils are advised to answer the questions in the ‘Pre-activity’ section which is a ‘warming up’ activity before they complete a cloze passage. In the last section, there are 10 Assessment Papers for pupils to test their ability to apply the skills learnt.
The Synthesis/Transformation section opens with Use of Connectors to join sentences. It is followed by Word Formation which requires learners to convert one word class to another or adding prefixes / suffixes. Pupils will also learn how to change direct speech to reported speech and vice versa. The last section consists of 10 Assessment Papers for pupils to apply the skills they have acquired.
For individual self-study, an Answer Key is provided for both Comprehension Cloze and Synthesis/ Transformation. Other possible answers are accepted. It is hoped that both teachers and pupils will find the book useful in reinforcing the linguistic skills taught in the classroom.
No of Pages: 112
Author: FGrace Cheah
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions