Science Experiments Lower Block 3/4
Every child can be a scientist and carry out experiments in the comfort of their own homes! Science Experiments (Lower Block) introduces and provides opportunities for children to do a host of simple yet you-can-do-it awesome science experiments. Nineand ten-year-old children can explore and satisfy their curiosity about the world around them through hands-on experiments. In the process of doing and observing, they become active participants, confident of being in charge of constructing their own learning. The end goal is for children to enjoy and value science as an important tool in helping them explore their natural and physical world.
Identifiable Topics Based on 5 Themes
The themes covered – Diversity, Systems, Cycles, Interactions and Energy – are based on the Singapore science curriculum. The topics under each theme are familiar to children as they complement what they are learning in school.
31 Engaging Experiments
Most of these experiments are not commonly done in school. These additional experiments help deepen the children’s understanding of the topics. They also intrigue children and ignite their curiosity and interest to want to do and carry the discussion of the topics further with their parents and peers. By conducting experiments, children are encouraged to be creative and confident.
Acquired Skills and Processes
Children inadvertently pick up skills – observation, comparing, classifying, using apparatus and equipment, communicating, inferring, formulating hypothesis, predicting, analysing, generating possibilities and evaluating, and processes such as creative problem-solving, decision-making and investigation when carrying out the variety of science experiments found in the topics.
Cut-outs for selected experiments are found in the appendices. Clear instructions on how to use the cut-outs can be found in the procedures of the experiments as well as on the appendices.
7 Keyword Challenges
After each set of experiments on a topic, children can complete a crossword puzzle. The answers to the questions in the crossword puzzles are must-know keywords essential to understanding the topics. Having these light work activities will help the children to understand better scientific concepts.
Answers are given as a reference.
ISBN : 9789814754774
Number of Pages : 112
Author : Koh Bee Hua / Amy Bellars
|No. of Pages||- 112|
|Author||- Koh Bee Hua / Amy Bellars|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions