Teaching Fraction, Ratio And Percentage Effectively
Concepts of fraction, ratio and percentage are among the more complex mathematical concepts that children encounter in primary mathematics education, and the teaching and learning of these concepts has traditionally been challenging. It does not help that these seemingly basic concepts form the foundation of more advanced ones, and a weak understanding will hinder a student's mastery of mathematics in secondary level and beyond.
Accompanied by a CD that contains ICT activities, this book goes beyond traditional textbooks and workbooks to build children's confidence in understanding and applying mathematical concepts through real-life applications and hands-on activities.
This guide comes with:
- Real life examples for children to relate to mathematical concepts to their own daily experiences
- Pedagogically Tested Questions to help promote higher-order and critical thinking skills
- Commonly Used Strategies (including Model Method) to wrap up each chapter
- Worked Examples with full solutions to unfold the thinking processes involved
- Suggestions and Practical Tips to address misconceptions and common errors
No of Pages: 152
Author: Cynthia Seto / Dr Ng Wee Leng
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges (subject to stock availability) must be:
- made within two weeks from purchase, or 3 days from receipt of delivery (whichever earlier)
- returned in good condition (courier or office drop-off is encouraged)
- arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit
- You must contact us before returning or making an exchange. You are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- If approved, you will receive a credit voucher to your account. You may apply the credit voucher on your next purchase within 7 days. We do not process cash refunds.
- Please see full terms & conditions