Techniques in Solving Higher-Order Thinking Word Problems Teacher's Notes
This is a resource book for teachers, parents and Primary 6 students who are interested in learning how to manage and solve higher-order thinking word problems. These problems usually require students to compare quantities, work with differences, transfer units from one item to another, match units, regroup units and/or work with common multiples in order to successfully solve them.
In this respect, problem-solving strategies such as model-drawing, diagramming, tabling and listing are important tools to help organise the thinking process. This book will be an indispensable guide in learning the problem-solving strategies and techniques.
What this book offers:
- Fully worked step-by-step solutions covering many of the typical challenging word problems that students tend to have difficulties with in Whole Numbers, Fractions, Percentage, Speed and Rate-Volume problems.
- Alternative solutions are presented whenever applicable.
- Tackles word problems concerning agerelated concepts, excess-shortage concepts, make-a-supposition strategy, ratio/faction/ percent transfer (Before-After) concepts and two-vehicle type of speed problems.
- Provides a narrative element to explain the
steps at appropriate junctures.
Number of Pages: 88
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions