Problems in Real-World Context
This is an informative book with guidelines on how to design problems in real-world contexts (PRWC). It highlights the features of PRWC and how to effectively develop and tackle them.
Starting from GCE O-Level and N(A)-level mathematics exams in 2016, there is one question on problems in real-world context (PRWC). What are PRWC and why is there an emphasis on such problems in the exams? How can teachers design such problems for assessment and how can they support their students to solve PRWC? In this book, the authors discuss the main purpose of PRWC, propose four design principles and some practical guidelines for teachers to craft PRWC, and illustrate how teachers can facilitate such PRWC in the classroom. The book also comes with eight new ready-to-use samples of PRWC, with mark schemes and explanatory notes on how PRWC were designed.
ISBN: 978 981 324 179 4
|ISBN||978 981 324 179 4|
|No. of Pages||112|
|Author||Dr Joseph B.W. Yeo
Dr Choy Ban Heng
Dr Ng Kit Ee Dawn
Dr Ho Weng Kin
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions