Secondary 4 Social Studies Guide Special/Express
Social studies is a compulsory component of the combined humanities subject which seeks to build in students a range of capacities in the following areas:
- A mastery of content knowledge;
- An understanding of both source based and structured essay writing skills ;
- The application of a range of higher order thinking skills.
Answering the Needs of Teachers
This guide is written to lighten the load of the social studeis teachers who have to grapple with the need to cover the syllabus and content, to impart higher thinking skills and to guide students to transfer their learning of content knowledge and thinking skills to answer both the Source Based and Structured Essay Questions through enough practices.
The content notes and summary of content essentials, skills for SBQ and SEQ and practices complement the work of teachers. Notes are bulleted. Essential contents are presented in tables to ease reading and the remembering of facts. Questions come with model answers which carry with them explanaton of how best to answer and how marks are allocated. Not only would students need to master the former two tasks well, they are expected to combine them together to produce the desired answers to questions. This guide emphasises the use of concepts and key words which are woven and emboldened in questions and model answers. This helps teachers to better direct students' attention to critial needs in understanding and answering questions.
Answering the Needs of Students
Most students need help to ace Social Studies. Within limited curriculum time, students are expected to know the Social Studies text well, understand the concepts and case studies, learn how to make an inference, detect purpose and biasness, establish a claim from a truth and use a host of other higher order thinking skills. And there is a need for good time management to complete answering both the SBQ and SEQ in well-constructed format within one hour and forty-minute duration. Following features are given to help students master source based and structured essay writing skills in order to do well for Social Studies:
- Notes are bulleted and key words or phrases emboldened;
- Essential contents for mastery and tabulated to help one to rememebr and recall them;
- Exercises and practices are aligned to themes;
- Model answers come with explanation on what to focus on and how to attainbetter marks;
- Each SBQ practice has a sample answer to ancartoon source, to provide students with a guide on how an answer to a cartoon could be crafted;
- Exam pointers are given on both SBQ and SEQ.
No. of Pages: -
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions