Visible Thinking in Maths 2B
The Visible Thinking in Mathematics series promotes critical and creative thinking in mathematics. It is designed to make thinking visible by providing pupils with opportunities to think aloud, explore their thoughts and reflect on their reasoning.
While practice leads to better performance, practice without contextual and conceptual understanding prevents pupils from thinking critically and creatively. In this series, instead of learning procedures and formulas by rote, pupils master concepts through:
- Thinking routines
Functional questions to direct the pupil's thinking on key concepts and cultivate his/her thinking skills
- Parallel questions
Consecutive mathematical problems with the same context but different keywords to highlight differences between problems, ensuring that the pupil understands and retains concepts and skills better
This approach not only instils in the pupil mathematical skills but also inspires discipline in thinking and greater motivation for learning.
Additional support is provided to the pupil through Notes. Notes present opportunities for parents and teachers to clarify misconceptions, simplify difficult concepts and address areas of difficulty for the pupil.
All books have been updated to align to the latest syllabus.
Features of the book:
- Ample of opportunities for pupils to reflect on the possibilities involved in solving each type of question
- Detailed notes and worked examples to clarify misconceptions, simplify a concept or enhance learning
- Attaining Mastery provides pupils with ample opportunities to apply the appropriate problem-solving strategies
- Think Out of the Box! stretches pupils’ ability to apply concepts learnt to
- Worked Solutions
|No. of Pages||162|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges (subject to stock availability) must be:
- made within two weeks from purchase, or 3 days from receipt of delivery (whichever earlier)
- returned in good condition (courier or office drop-off is encouraged)
- arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit
- You must contact us before returning or making an exchange. You are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- If approved, you will receive a credit voucher to your account. You may apply the credit voucher on your next purchase within 7 days. We do not process cash refunds.
- Please see full terms & conditions