Vocabulary Builder Secondary Level 3
High-flying students have big vocabularies.
That is one solid reason why they are able to get good grades. Words are the catalyst for learning and thinking. Accordingly, the more words one has at one’s disposal, the clearer and more accurate one’s thinking is.
Beyond the academic scope, words allow one to communicate one’s feelings and thoughts to others as well as persuade and infl uence others. What is not known by most people is that sometimes words are responsible for charting one’s destiny. Vocabulary should not be perceived as a deadpan aspect of language which students are forced to memorize in school. As suggested by the title of this book, vocabulary should be expanded because it refl ects the personality of the speaker.
Therefore, it cannot be denied that it is essential for students to possess a wide vocabulary. Vocabulary Builder will help students acquire a larger vocabulary to improve their English proficiency and pass their examinations through the abundant exercises found here. It will also help them develop a large vocabulary bank which will prove vital for their learning ability and social life.
In this book, there are ample and varied exercises on homonyms, synonyms, antonyms, word forms, people, idioms, compound words, words describing feelings and emotions, words describing character, using the right word, phrasal verbs, and words with multiple meanings. By doing these exercises, the conscientious student will improve his chances for success in all avenues of his life.
- Over 30 intensive and challenging exercises. It covers homonyms, synonyms, antonyms, word forms, people, idioms, compound words, words describing feelings and emotions, words describing character, phrasal verbs, words with multiple meanings and word pairs. All these topics together with learning outcomes, are listed in the table of contents.
- Each book includes a score sheet for self-check, appendices as additional learning resources, and answers to the exercises.
ISBN : 9789813215191
Number of Pages : 176
|No. of Pages||176|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions