Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics for Primary Levels 2
The Conquer Thinking Skills & Heuristics series focuses on the underlying processes and strategies essential to problem solving. Each book introduces various skill sets and builds upon them as the level increases. The 6-book series covers the following thinking skills and heuristics:
- Analysing Parts and Wholes
- Identifying Patterns and Relationships
- Induction Spatial Visualisation
- Act It Out
- Draw a Diagram / Model
- Look for a Pattern Work Backwards
- Make a List / Table
- Guess and Check
- Make Suppositions
- Use Equations
Students who are keen to develop their abilities in problem solving will learn quickly how to:
- make sense of the problem sum: what am I asked to find?
- make use of given information: what do I know?
- think of possible strategies: have I come across similar problems before?
- choose the correct strategy: apply what I know confidently!
- solve the problem: work out the steps...
- check the answer: is the solution logical and reasonable?
Practice questions follow after the examples of each skill set and 3 graded Reviews (easy, intermediate, challenging) are provided for an overall assessment of the skills learnt. The worked solutions show the application of the strategies used. Students will find this series invaluable in helping them understand and master problem-solving skills.
ISBN : 9789814754125
Number of Pages: 88
|No. of Pages||- 88|
|Author||- S. Leong / Shireen Khanalim / Sangeeta Dhillon|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions