Integrated Science Chemistry A Topical Course Assessment for Lower Secondary Levels
In the ever-changing educational landscape of Singapore, Lower Secondary Science, as a foundation and a conduit to scientific studies at upper secondary, represents a tumultuous subject. Schools have great autonomy to implement their own schemes of work with the interest and abilities of their students in mind. To bridge the chasm of Lower and Upper Secondary Science, many schools have incorporated the Upper Secondary Science learning objectives to augment their lower secondary curriculum in varying degrees.
As a teacher, I am mindful of this trend. The experience of teaching a multitude of students from schools all over the island has enabled me to put forth an extensive and rigorous Lower Secondary Science curriculum. Representing a part of Mavis Lower Secondary Science curriculum, INTEGRATED SCIENCE A Topical Course Assessment for Lower Secondary Levels was conceived to equip students with a comprehensive assessment package.
The series comprises three books: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Questions for each chapter are allocated into three Skill Levels.
Skill Level 1 Lower Secondary Standard Questions
The questions in Skill Level 1 are written in accordance to the latest MOE Lower Secondary Science syllabus implemented in 2013. Questions at this level will test only the basic fundamental concepts and process skills in Lower Secondary Science. These include representatives of questions that frequently appear in school examinations.
Skill Level 2 Upper Secondary Standard Questions
Questions in Skill Level 2 are pitched at a higher standard and journey beyond the Lower Secondary Science syllabus. The questions at this level test concepts and process skills at the upper secondary standard and also include high frequency model questions that appear in school examinations.
Skill Level 3 IP and Independent Schools Standard Questions
This is the highest skill level with complex questions that are benchmarked by the standards of the science syllabuses of schools offering the Integrated Programme (IP) and the independent schools.
As you traverse through the questions in the three books, it is recommended that you begin with the first skill level and work your way up, gradually developing your mastery of each chapter.
This book represents only a sample of the Lower Secondary Science curriculum in Mavis Tutorial Centre. For more, join me for the ‘Mavis Experience’!
ISBN : 9789814606981
Number of Pages : 256
Author : Imran Ibrahim
|No. of Pages||- 256|
|Author||- Imran Ibrahim|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges subject to the following:
- stock availability.
- You must contact us to raise your request within 5 working days from receipt of your order.
- Before returning or making an exchange, you are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- Item to be returned must reach us within 5 working days from our email confirmation to you on the exchange arrangement.
- Item to be returned has to be in original new condition. We encourage courier or office drop-off.
- All returns are to be arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit.
- Please see full terms & conditions