Teaching to Mastery Mathematics: Bar Modeling A Prob-Solving Tool
The first in the series of the Teaching to Mastery: Mathematics professional development titles, Bar Modeling - A Problem-solving Tool is written for Mathematics educators keen to learn more about the bar modeling method as a problem-solving tool in Mathematics.
Backed by research studies, this book will help educators see how various types of bar models can be used to solve mathematical word problems and learn the techniques of deriving, drawing and manipulating bar models. With extensive examples, guided questions and practice problems, this book provides insight into the pedagogy of the model method.
Learn how the various types of bar models can be applied in different scenarios through extensive examples,guided practice questions as well as independent practice. With tips and hints to aid in gaining a deeperunderstanding of this powerful strategy, see how bar modeling can be brought into the classroom at various grade levels.
About Teaching to Mastery Mathematics Series:
The series of Teaching to Mastery: Mathematics is a set of professional development titles that provides teachers with learning opportunities in both content and pedagogy. Backed by research studies and learning theories, these books include mathematical tasks as well as pedagogical ones to help readers link content and pedagogy. Consistent with the philosophy of authentic professional learning, educators are guided to enhance their learning by observing students they work with. Mathematics educators will find this an invaluable resource to help develop in students a comprehensive understanding of the respective topics.
Click on the following to see the other 4 titles in Teaching to Mastery Mathematics Series:
No. of Pages: 168
Author: Yeap Ban Har
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges (subject to stock availability) must be:
- made within two weeks from purchase, or 3 days from receipt of delivery (whichever earlier)
- returned in good condition (courier or office drop-off is encouraged)
- arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit
- You must contact us before returning or making an exchange. You are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- If approved, you will receive a credit voucher to your account. You may apply the credit voucher on your next purchase within 7 days. We do not process cash refunds.
- Please see full terms & conditions