Teaching to Mastery Mathematics: Teaching of Decimals
The fourth book in the Teaching to Mastery Mathematics professional development series, Teaching of Decimals helps educators develop in students a comprehensive understanding of decimals in the context of associated place value, fractions, and whole number basic operations. Chapters focus on the decimal number concept, how decimals affect the teaching of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division algorithms, and problem solving. Continuing in the tradition of other books in this series, problem solving examples and their solutions often make use of bar modeling, a visual manipulative. There is also a continuation of the concrete-pictorial-symbolic approach and emphasis on relational learning rather than just procedural learning.
About Teaching to Mastery: Mathematics Series:
The series of Teaching to Mastery: Mathematics is a set of professional development titles that provides teachers with learning opportunities in both content and pedagogy. Backed by research studies and learning theories, these books include mathematical tasks as well as pedagogical ones to help readers link content and pedagogy. Consistent with the philosophy of authentic professional learning, educators are guided to enhance their learning by observing students they work with. Mathematics educators will find this an invaluable resource to help develop in students a comprehensive understanding of the respective topics.
Click on the following to see the other 4 titles in Teaching to Mastery Mathematics Series:
No. of Pages: 147
Author: Yeap Ban Har and Douglas Edge
|No. of Pages||-|
|No. of Issues||-|
- We will not be responsible for lost mails or damages for orders by normal mail option.
- No refunds or returns after purchase.
- Exchanges (subject to stock availability) must be:
- made within two weeks from purchase, or 3 days from receipt of delivery (whichever earlier)
- returned in good condition (courier or office drop-off is encouraged)
- arranged at your own cost. We will not be responsible for damage in transit
- You must contact us before returning or making an exchange. You are required to send us photos of the exchange products before sending out to us.
- If approved, you will receive a credit voucher to your account. You may apply the credit voucher on your next purchase within 7 days. We do not process cash refunds.
- Please see full terms & conditions